Hello MA Families,
I hope you are all enjoying the beginning of summer and all Colorado has to offer, even the occasional freak snowstorm in May!
Thank you to those of you who voted in the election earlier this month. Mike Molsen and I will be rolling off the Board as our three-year term ends in June. We had two candidates who ran for the two open positions.
Congratulations to Misty McCuen and Ryan Graham, whom the Board will swear in as members in July. Both Misty and Ryan bring a wealth of knowledge and a variety of experience to our Board.
We asked each candidate to list their top three objectives for their first year serving on the Board. Misty listed her goals as:
- Working together with teachers and parents to ensure that our curriculum/program is in line with the heart of our school community goal: to foster an environment that goes after the whole child – inspiring them to be creative and excellent independent thinkers and problem solvers.
- Working to improve the daily schedule – more time for physical activity, extended recess, less homework, and projects so that families have more time with their children after school hours.
- Working to strengthen open communication between parents and the school staff. I see we could significantly improve this by updating and improving the school app for greater efficiency and use by parents.
Ryan listed his top three objectives as:
- First and foremost, making certain we are doing everything we can to protect our kids, teachers, and staff from the uncertainty which lies ahead in relation to the coming financial crisis within our state. No doubt, there will be challenges that we will face.
- Second, doing all that we can to ensure every child within Monument Academy has a solid foundation and opportunity for success in their life. We do this through the continual building of character, integrity, and professionalism within our school.
- Lastly, making sure we continue to be a choice for parents when determining which mode of education best suits the needs of their kid(s). I understand our model is not for all, but it is for some, and we will strive to continue making sure it remains that way.
I would like to personally thank both Misty and Ryan for their willingness to serve and lead our fantastic school as Monument Academy embarks on the challenging and exciting days ahead.
It has been a honor to serve as your MA Board President this year, and I am blessed to be part of this exceptional community. The Board looks forward to the 2020-2021 school year, and we thank you for your continued involvement, interest, and encouragement to make Monument Academy a great place for our kids.
Mark McWilliams, President
MA Board of Directors