November 3, 2021
Dear Monument Academy West Campus Parents,
Last week you received notification from our Board of Directors regarding our new car line procedures starting Monday, November 8, 2021. For the new process to run smoothly, we need your cooperation in the following:
• Entry to the West Campus is ONLY from Knollwood Drive.
• Keep in mind that we are starting school five minutes early (8:05). Please drop off students between 7:35 – 8:05.
• All drop off and pick up will be next to the curb only. Please do not drop off students on the south sidewalk.
• Please arrive at your assigned pick-up time (Do not arrive early)
Monday – Thursday
o 2:45 Pre-school and Early Dismissal
o 3:00 Kindergarten, 1st grade and siblings/carpool
o 3:15 2 nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade
o 11:45 Pre-school and Early Dismissal
o 12:00 Kindergarten, 1st grade and siblings/carpool
o 12:15 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th grade
o You will only come through our pick-up line one time, ex: On Monday, if you have a Kindergartener, a 2nd grader and a 5th grader, you will arrive at 3:00 and pick up all of your children at once.
o If you are picking up a carpool, please come at the youngest child’s dismissal time. You will need to communicate directly with your child’s teacher if carpool puts your family into a different pick-up group.
o Your pick-up time will remain consistent regardless of attendance, ex: if you have a Full Day Kindergartener, a 2nd grader, and 5th grader, and the Kindergartener is out sick, your older students will still be dismissed at the earlier time (in this example: 3:00).
• Please do not arrive more than 5 minutes prior to your assigned pick-up time. If you do, you will be placed in a holding zone.
• Place your new car line number sign in your window for our staff to see (we will be sending the signs home with your child(ren) on Thursday, 11/4/21). Each child has an individual number with a colored dot indicating their pick-up group. Please have all signs in your window every day at pick-up.
•If you are carpooling, please provide your number(s) to the other family and make copies as needed.
• Please continue pulling forward as directed by staff members. Once your child has been loaded, you may carefully pull out of line and proceed to the exit.
• For those of you that will be parking in the dirt lot and walking to pick up your child(ren), please bring your number, or be prepared to give the number to the staff member entering them into our system. These students will only be dismissed when they see their numbers/names appear on the inside monitors. You may wait for your child(ren) by the flagpole.
• All students will be exiting the building at the east gate near the modulars.
We recognize that it always takes a few days to work out the kinks with a new process, but it will get easier and more efficient over time. MA is committed to keeping your children safe and providing them with an excellent education and we thank you for the opportunity to work together to make this change a success. Thank you for the patience and grace you have shown throughout this process.
If you have a question not answered here, please email us and we will be happy to help answer it.
Laura Barrette and Kurt Walker