National Junior Honor Society
The purpose of National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) is to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, to develop character, and to encourage good citizenship in the students of secondary schools.
NJHS Selection Process
The selection of members to this chapter shall be by a majority vote of the Faculty Council consisting of five faculty members appointed by the principal. The chapter adviser shall be the sixth, nonvoting, ex officio member of the Faculty Council.
Prior to selection, the following shall occur:
- Students’ academic records shall be reviewed to determine scholastic eligibility.
- Students who are eligible scholastically (“candidates”) shall be notified and asked to complete and submit the Candidate Form for further consideration for selection.
- The faculty shall be requested to evaluate candidates determined to be scholastically eligible using the official evaluation form provided by the chapter adviser.
- The Faculty Council shall review the Candidate Form and faculty evaluations in order to determine membership.
- The selection of new active members shall be held once a year during the second semester of the school year.
- Candidates become members when inducted, all members are expected to maintain the standards by which they were selected and maintain all obligations of membership.
Requests for additional information or questions may be e-mailed to: