Monument Academy is committed to creating strong family-school partnerships.
Our Monument Academy Board is comprised of Parents at Monument Academy. Board meetings are typically scheduled on the second Thursday of every month and agendas are posted in our main entrance window at 1150 Village Ridge Pt., Monument, CO. Minutes of Board meetings are posted under the Board tab on our website after formal approval by the Board.
Parents also serve on our School Accountability Advisory Committee. This committee is an advisory body that makes recommendations to the Monument Academy School Board in the areas of academics, budgets, and safety based on the interpretations of various sets of internal and external data. The committee also advises the Principals in the development of the Unified Improvement Plan (UIP).
Teachers, Principals, and a Board Member serve on Monument Academy’s Curriculum Committee. Parents are encouraged to meet with school Principals when questions concerning curriculum arise.
Parents may choose to serve on our Parent Teacher Organization. The PTO has worked in concert with the administration, teachers, and staff to enhance every aspect of the school in recent years. The PTO plans a Fun Run, a Reserved Parking Spot Auction, Friday Snack Program, School Supply EduKits, Summer Workbooks, Spirit Wear Store, Used Uniform Swaps, Restaurant Nights and Box Tops. The PTO also supports teachers through our Room Parent program, Teacher Appreciation Week, and Staff Appreciation Luncheons.
Parents also volunteer within the school in various capacities. Monument Academy requests our parents volunteer a total of 16 hours per family per semester (32 hours per school year). Hours spent outside of school (shopping, making something for an event, helping with teacher projects, etc.), count toward total hours. Please keep track of your time and submit totals in the fall and spring. We want the opportunity to recognize our outstanding volunteers! Thank you for donating your time and talents for our Monument Academy community.
Effective communication between home and school is important for student success! Monument Academy is committed to practicing and encouraging good communication with our learning community.
A Key of Excellence that we promote at Monument Academy is Speak with Good Purpose. In discussing this key with our students, we share these ideas: “There will be times when we need to share critical thoughts. At these times, if our purpose and how we phrase our words is considered first, sharing honest and direct feedback can be very positive and powerful, and build trust. Speaking with good purpose is the cornerstone of healthy relationships. This Key fosters a positive emotional environment where people are happier, more productive, and more likely to succeed.”
It is important that as educators and parents we model these excellent communication skills.
When you would like to discuss an issue, please follow the appropriate chain of communication to find resolution:
Angela Duca (East Campus MS Assistant Principal) EMAIL
Tamiko Thomas (East Campus HS Assistant Principal) EMAIL
Laura Barrette (West Campus K-2 Assistant Principal) EMAIL
Kurt Walker (West Campus 3-5 Assistant Principal) EMAIL
Merlin Holmes (Chief Operating Officer) EMAIL
Monument Academy communicates with our learning community in multiple ways. Reading these digital communications will provide you with the most up-to-date information.
- Weekly Lynx News-emailed on Wednesdays to all parents using Infinite Campus
- School Website www.monumentacademy.net updated with weekly Lynx News, upcoming calendar events, and breaking news
- Emails and text messaging sent through Blackboard with breaking news and timely communication updates needed prior to Lynx News weekly publication
In addition, each school (elementary, middle and high) provides classroom and student grade information in the following ways:
- Weekly Grade Level Team email communications
- Infinite Campus for grades in progress. You may access the IC Parent Portal at https://campus.lewispalmer.org/campus/portal/lewispalmer.jsp.
- Infinite Campus Reports for printable end of quarter and semester Grade Cards
- Email or call teachers at any time you have a question about what you see in Canvas or IC or anything you are concerned about.
- Canvas Home Page for each course: Weekly Snapshot that includes current units, upcoming projects/tests, and announcements.
- Ask your student to show you the home page from their device <or>
- Obtain your student’s Canvas login information from your student and access their student account from your personal computer at https://monumentacademy.instructure.com/login/saml <or>
- Access your own Canvas “observer” account at https://monumentacademy.instructure.com/login/canvas. Set up your account following the instructions at https://www.monumentacademy.net/technology/canvas/
- Canvas Gradebooks in each course list current assignments and in-progress grades. See access options above.
- Infinite Campus Reports for printable end of quarter and semester Grade Cards. You may access the IC Parent Portal at https://campus.lewispalmer.org/campus/portal/lewispalmer.jsp.
- Email or call teachers at any time you have a question about what you see in Canvas or anything you are concerned about.